Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

What's in a name?

I found it. I figured it out.

For a good long while I have been wanting to change this little ol' blog's name. There are many reasons but mostly because I didn't ever feel comfortable with it. It didn't seem to adequately define me. 

I threw around military related names. Hence the banner below my blogs in recent months: Mel At Ease.

I looked at names that defined my profession. Nope. 

I tossed around ideas of naming it something that had to do with being an empty-nester soon. However that reality isn't happening until Bear leaves, and he is in 6th grade for crying out loud! That was dumb. 

Then tonight I had the epiphany. It came to me while thinking about the photo-a-day challenge I am participating in. It just washed over me, and right then I knew.

I didn't have to mull it over. I didn't have to chew on it and see how it felt in my mouth.

I just knew. 

The Pieces of Me

That's what it's always been about. My role as a mom, wife, friend, teacher, daughter, and every other role I play, they are all pieces of me. It's what I leave behind here on this blog: a piece of me. 

It's what I hope you take from here: a piece of me. 

I would like to be able to hit that delete button and wipe out the entire name and retype The Pieces of Me. Have it stand solo, proud, an icon, the culmination to what has eluded me all these months, but I can't. The Deliberately Unintentional Mom stays. I can't get rid of it. *sigh*

What can I say? It's a piece of me. 



I love reading your COMMENTS!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!
Click here and VOTE! Please

No comments:

Post a Comment