Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Panic at the Disco

So for whatever reason, well actually I know the reasons, but at any rate I have decided that I am going to start compiling and accomplishing my Bucket List. For those who have not seen the movie, the premise is simple... create a list of things you want to accomplish in your life BEFORE you kick the bucket. Hence the name of the movie/list Bucket List. So I did.... I have my bucket list. Inspired by a co-worker, Lynn, I have decided that I am going to start training for a 5k. Once I have completed that, I will work my way up through the races and hopefully make it to a full marathon. It is my goal to not only complete the training for these runs, but to also lose the weight that I have been carrying around. I have justified for so long that round was shape, and therefore I was in shape. I have justified being heavy because of my age, not having the time and all these other excuses. Well no longer. I am determined to make it! So yesterday was DAY 1 in this journey. We started out with a 15 minute run/walk, as per the training schedule. We pushed ourselves a bit more and walked/ran a total of 26+ minutes. But it felt WONDERFUL! Just me, my MP3 player and the crisp late afternoon air. I ran some, and walked a good plenty. Despite not always feeling like I could do it, I did! And that feeling of "I can do this" is exhilirating. I know that my mind is more powerful than my body and I can push my body through the pain and discomfort to the end goal...which is finishing what I started.
Today was just as good! I felt a bit sore, and tired... starting a new semester certainly doesn't help that. I also started my grad class tonight. Despite all the things on my plate today, I made time for 40 minutes of yoga, and a thirty minute run/walk. Yes, I am sore as hell right now, and my shins are about to split from my legs. However, I know I can do this. I can work through it and push through the pain. I will accomplish my goal, of this I am sure. Tomorrow is another day, and thankfully it is an off day for the training schedule...but I have substituted that with a meeting and a grad class. Call me crazy..... ok so I call myself crazy.
Enough about me.... I know this is my daily grind...but part of that grind are my family. As a side note, my daughter Kelsey started running indoor track this year, and won third place in the county in the 300 meter. I was so proud, I bursted into tears! It was so incredibly emotional because she is the culmination of all that is right with me. She is the very best of me and I am reminded daily of how good God is and how priviledged I am to be her mom. This says nothing of my little man, who embodies the best and worst of Harvey and I. He is strong-willed, emotional, sarcastic, loving and funny. He is intuned with how you feel and at time oblivious to everyone else around him. He wears his little heart on his sleeve and takes everything literal. He is truly my baby boy. It is for these two young lovely people that I dedicate my first goal on the bucket list. May you both always have the courage to meet your goals head on and tackle them with dignity and tenacity. I will set the example. Love you children....Good Night and until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment